Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Laura

I never realized that someone you don't even know could affect your life in a way this story has affected mine......

I got an email from my friend Becca yesterday. When I opened it up, I definitely wasn't expecting to spend an entire day reading and talking about the contents. She explained how a guy we went to college with has a wife that was in a terrible accident in July, but has overcome miraculous odds. She wanted us to check out the website that he created for his wife. I couldn't remember if I even knew the guy, but I still felt bad for the situation. When I went to the website, I immediately recognized him and would never have thought I would ever see him again especially in a situation like this.

We are all guilty of taking life for granted sometimes and worrying and about little things that don't really matter. It's normal human nature. I just think we need to take a step back sometimes and re-evaluate what's really important, especially when those little things consume us in a negative way. Life is way too unexpected not to.

My heart goes out to Laura, and her family. I'll pray for her everyday until she's better and back living her normal life. I want to help in any way I can and I know anyone that hears this story will feel the same. Let's all cheer her on!

Here is the link to the website. I'll put it under favorite links as well.

www.lauralaughlin.com

1 comment: