Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Post-Valentine's

Hope everyone had a lovely Valentine's Day. We laid low since we weren't able to get dinner reservations, to the restaurant we wanted to go to, till 9pm tonight. Hopefully it'll be worth the wait!




Tomorrow I'm going to the Hasty Pudding Theatrical Parade, in Harvard Square. Halle Berry will be leading the parade, since she's one of the recipients of this years Hasty Pudding Award(Richard Gere accepts his on the 24th), followed by a "Roast", at the Agassiz Theater, with Halle in the hot seat. It should be fun. More details later......

I wanted to read the book, For Laci, since I've followed the case from the beginning, plus her mom wrote it.(I refused to buy Amber Frey's.) I finished it on Monday and let me tell you, it was REALLY sad. You could just feel this woman's pain. It also gave details on things you didn't see in the news. Anyway, now I have to go back and finish "A Million Little Lies...I mean...Pieces" (I needed a break from it.)

I FINALLY finished revising my resume. I really needed a change in format, but have been freaking out about which format to use, until I went to the Family Support Center on base a couple weeks ago and found a book called "Jobs and the Military Spouse", (and a couple others about cover letters, interviewing, thanks you letters, etc, etc). They had a format that is the most effective for the Military Spouse. The book was VERY informative. I'll see how it works, but I'm also going to have it in another format, as a back up. That's all for now...tootles.

Current Music Mood: Billy Idol, "Rebel Yell" (YEAH!!!!!)

6 comments:

ME said...

Wow! That's a lot of information. Let me comment one piece at a time....

How was v-day dinner? I've never heard of that place, not that I would know I guess, but it looks fun.

Halle Berry- have fun @ the parade! Catch a few pieces of candy for Rowdi!

The Million little Lies book- how is that now that you know it's fake?

For Laci- I didn't even know there was a book written by her mother. That guy is a pyschopath and I hope he rots in hell!

Thanks for the informative post :P

Sally Y said...

Mel-That wasn't a place, we haven't gone to dinner yet. We go tonight. That photo was meant for the Halle Berry thing(Hasty Pudding Theatricals) HAAAA HAAAA!HAAAAA! And I haven't picked up the book since, so I don't know. I've got about a quarter left or so.

Tony- It's my turn to make you jealous!

Damien-I just had to do it myself, Damnit! It sucked but now I can keep my money! You spent A LOT!

momto2boys said...

well.. I couldn't put down a million little pieces...but then again I read it pre saga...

I need to get that book... I was OBSESSED with Laci and conner ( and stupid Scott) that story just was sooooo crazy and sooo sad!

Sally Y said...

I've been obsessed too. You should read it.

Sally Y said...

I think that may be borderline inappropriate. ;)

Sally Y said...

If you followed the story, I would TOTALLY recommend! It feels like you're living through it too, with her mom. It was very detailed as well. I broke out in tears a couple times, because it was just SO sad! :(

That's crazy about going to their bar. I spent a lot of time at SLO when we lived in Vandenberg and I remember seeing The Shack, but never went. I also remember the place that Scott worked when they met.