Sunday, January 01, 2006

2006!

The year kicked off with a bang and I was able to do a good deed already! Last night, while walking to the subway station, I noticed a purse on the ground. Rowdy wanted to leave it, but I picked it up and noticed that there were credit cards, cash and a driver's license. We decided to take it in hopes of tracking the girl down in the morning. Damien and I looked up her number with the address on her license, and I left her a message. She called back and was so grateful! She lived about 40 or so minutes away, but came to pick it up. She had a bottle of champagne for us as a thank you, which was really nice. She's happy to have her purse back and I'm happy to drink a little bubbly because of it!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

2 comments:

ME said...

That was so sweet of you and of her to have given you a gift as a thank you!

Way to go Sally- you are starting off the year great!

Sally Y said...

Yeah, well, I believe she had a gift for me as well, so it was the least I could do. ;)