Thursday, January 26, 2006

"A Million Little Lies?!"


Really sucks to be this guy!!!!!!
So I'm in the process of reading "A Million Little Pieces" and I think it's a fantastic read. I really don't have a problem with the author fudging some parts. I actually wondered how he could remember things in such detail. BUT, I am bothered by not knowing what parts are fact or fiction. I did buy the book under the pretence that it was fact, but OH well, shit happens, I guess. There are worse things in life than a lying author. I almost feel sorry for the guy, because Oprah really made him look like a fool. It probably wasn't a good idea to lie to and piss off Oprah, James, but I'm guessing that's punishment enough! YIKES!!!!!

4 comments:

Sam said...

She caught him in so many lies it made me not want to read the book after all. I agree, if its not all true, at least have a disclaimer! Yeah, note to self, do NOT get on Oprah's bad side!

momto2boys said...

but the book was soooooooo good.... but I think absolutely it was FICTION!

Kim and Matt said...

I am so torn!! I bought the book under the same pretenses Sally and the DAY I started reading it, this all came out!! I agree with you in that I'm sure half the time he had no idea what was really going on being in the state he was! It's still a great book though :)
Oprah did rip him a new one though!! hahaha

Anonymous said...

Ok, I have to agree with most of you about the book, it was a pretty good read. However, I haven't read a book all the way through in about four years. It took me two wks to get this book (sold out). I thought it must be good!! However, for someone who is not big on foul language...WHOOOEEEEE!! Does he have a humdinger on every, and I do mean EVERY page. I challenged a guy at our local bookstore to flip to any page and find one without a "bad" word. I think 3 of 4 had one. I was even more disappointed to hear that he lied about Lilly (won't say exactly what if you haven't finished) Anyway, I heard so much about this book I bought one for Xmas for my Mother-in-law. Thank God she is a busy person and hasn't read it. She is extremely religious and would just die just reading the first chapter. I just sold my "used" copy on Ebay for $7.00 + shipping!!! Happy reading!!!